So this month was kind of a bummer, reading-wise.
It started out GREAT, then it just went bad. Not that the books that I read weren’t great, but I just got into a major reading slump, partly because two books put me there, and partly because a TV show wouldn’t let me have a life (I’m looking at you, Gilmore Girls).
So, let’s get started with my WRAP UP.
This month I read three books. Not a bad number, but I’ve certainly done better.
- City of Bones: I posted an in-depth review which you can read here. This book was a reread for me, I had first read it back when it was released around nine years ago, and I have to say, I was very underwhelmed by this book. I remember loving it t
he first time (until that ending) and after rereading it, I now realize I have a lot of problems with the book. My favorite characters became my least liked characters, and the character I had despised the first time around became my absolute favorite. All in all, I gave this book 4/5 stars, but it’s really more of a 3.5
- Me Before You: THIS BOOK WAS EVERYTHING. I had not LIVED before reading this book. Me Before This Book ( 😉 ) was useless and naive; after reading this book, I became a human being. I wrote an in-depth review, which you can read here. If you enjoy explosions of the feels then, trust me, you’re gonna want to read it. Obviously this book was 5/5 stars for me.
- A Darker Shade of Magic: My feelings towards this book are kind of all over the place, I have in-depth review for it which you can find here. As for rating, I gave this book 4/5 stars, but it’s really more of a 3.8 for me.
Now for my BOOK HAUL!
This month I was a good girl, I didn’t go too crazy at the bookstore, and I’m quite proud of myself for it. I bought five books, and received one for an honest review.
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab
- Me Being Me Is Exactly as Insane as You Being You by Todd Hasak-Lowy
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
- Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
- The Siren by Kiera Cass
- Updrift by Errin Stevens (received the copy for an honest review, which will come soon!)
OTHER POSTS from this month:
- i messed up // book tag
- 2016 love-a-thon // tea with ravenclaws
- Fangirl Guide to Valentine’s Day: Books & Movies
Let me know what you guys bought/read this month & what you thought of them! ❤
Let’s be friends!